Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SICK + UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY + MENTALLY DEFILED!

So if you've stumbled across this blog, or you're a return reader, you can obviously tell, I focus mainly on the DIY punk scene, so you won't get that shite like the latest Bad Religion sell out arena concerts, or Anarchist road show bands. So if you're cool with that, and share some of the values that our small underground scene has, check back sometime as I will be featuring some bands I think you might be into.
I don't know about you, but when I hear a current punk band that isn't your garden variety cliche ,- that actually has originality and depth, - I go pretty crazy over it, and obsessively abuse the play button. It's like I've won some punk lottery and the pay off is this amazing noise, but like the lottery, the odds are always against you, as our scene is so fuckin' small. These few I found recently, are really killer and one of them, I discovered off a compilation from Ungov Resistance. Enjoy!
Peace,
Ash
SICK (PEORIA, ILLINOIS)  
Punk rock fast and brutal! Feels like i was just kicked in the nuts- (if I had any). =P

UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY (BELARUS)
 Found these guys off an Anti- Apathy comp from Ungov. One of my favorite songs from that album comes from this band. Reminds me of a modern day GISM -punk, but with metal riffz.

MENTALLY DEFILED (ATHENS, GREECE)
Just found these guys today, great surprise thrashy punk metal! This vid is sick too!  
http://www.reverbnation.com/mentallydefiled